The Art League welcomes artists of all backgrounds and experiences and encourages individuals working within a variety of traditional and contemporary practices to join. Artist Members move forward a nearly 100-year tradition and share history with Founding Members and other notable artists who value(d) the Art League as a place for community and artist collaboration.
BENEFITS OF ARTIST MEMBERSHIP
Eligible to submit up to three (3) works in OPAL’s Juried Artist Member Exhibition (Fall)
Eligible to exhibit up to three (2) works in OPAL’s Non-Juried Artist Member Exhibition (Spring)
Eligible to have artwork selected for solo and group exhibitions at OPAL partner venues
- Elevated presence through the Artist Members page on OPAL’s website
Invitation to submit information and images to OPAL’s bi-monthly newsletter, promoting participation in shows, awards, and special projects
Opportunity to be selected as a featured artist on OPAL’s website, including online portfolio gallery
Discounts for OPAL art classes, workshops, and entry fees for monthly exhibitions
- Waived transaction fees for art classes and summer camp registrations
- Discounts on Drop-in Figure Drawing and Figure Sculpting Sessions
- Monthly newsletter with information on upcoming events and exhibitions, as well as member accomplishments
Additionally, all OPAL Members are invited to engage in special events, which include guest lectures on art-related topics, professional development workshops, and fundraisers to benefit building maintenance, educational programming, and student scholarships
ARTIST MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
Payment of annual Membership Dues – $60 (not tax-deductible)
- OPAL Artist Members will be asked to volunteer for various activities and events during the year and are encouraged to join a committee or serve for a term on the Oak Park Art League Board. NOTE: Members can opt out of volunteering by paying an additional membership fee of $40; $60 Annual Membership Dues + $40 additional fee ($100/year)
- New Artist Members must pay a one-time $15 processing fee + Artist Membership dues
- Membership dues must be current to receive Artist Member benefits
- Artist Membership is valid for one year and can be renewed.
HOW TO APPLY - New Artist Members
- Select level of Artist Membership from drop-down menu
- Complete basic membership information (name, address, phone, email)
- Select volunteer interests (Not applicable for Volunteer Opt-Out applicants)
- Complete short Artist Member questionnaire
- Choose areas of interest from drop-down menu
- Create your Artist Member Profile - Bio, CV/resume, digital images, website. Note: This information is accessible to OPAL administration for use on Artist Member page on OPAL website.
- Submit payment for Artist Members dues on-line by credit card through secure Club Express_OPAL portal.
- Complete and print out the electronic application Artist Member Application, attach additional documentation (artist bio, CV/resume, high-quality digital images on disc), and submit all documentation and Artist Member dues via check to: the Oak Park Art League at 720 Chicago Avenue, Oak Park, IL 60302 - Attn: Membership Coordinator.
- Gallery hours are Monday-Friday: 1-5pm, and Saturday: 1-4pm. Membership fees are accepted by cash, check, and credit card when paying in OPAL’s gallery business office.
If you are interested in a need-based scholarship in exchange for Artist Membership, please contact the Membership Coordinator at email@example.com.