Apply for Artist Membership
The Art League welcomes artists of all backgrounds and experiences and encourages individuals working within a variety of traditional and contemporary practices to join. Artist Members move forward a nearly 100-year tradition and share history with Founding Members and other notable artists who value(d) the Art League as a place for community and artist collaboration.
BENEFITS OF ARTIST MEMBERSHIP
Eligible to submit works in OPAL’s Juried Artist Member Exhibition (Fall)
Eligible to exhibit works in OPAL’s Non-Juried Artist Member Exhibition (Spring)
Eligible to have artwork selected for solo and group exhibitions at OPAL partner venues
- Elevated presence through the Artist Members page on OPAL’s website
Invitation to submit information and images to OPAL’s bi-monthly newsletter, promoting participation in shows, awards, and special projects
Opportunity to be selected as a featured artist on OPAL’s website, including online portfolio gallery
Discounts for OPAL art classes, workshops, and entry fees for monthly exhibitions
- Waived transaction fees for art classes and summer camp registrations
- Discounts on Drop-in Figure Drawing and Figure Sculpting Sessions
- Monthly newsletter with information on upcoming events and exhibitions, as well as member accomplishments
Additionally, all OPAL Members are invited to engage in special events, which include guest lectures on art-related topics, professional development workshops, and fundraisers to benefit building maintenance, educational programming, and student scholarships
ARTIST MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
Payment of annual Membership Dues – $100 (not tax-deductible)
- OPAL Artist Members interested in volunteering time and resources, to benefit the art league, can join at a $60 level.
- New Artist Members must pay a one-time $15 processing fee + Artist Membership dues
- Membership dues must be current to receive Artist Member benefits
- Artist Membership is valid for one year and can be renewed.
Artist interested becoming an artist member can contact the gallery at email@example.com or call (708)386-9853 during gallery hours.
If you are interested in a need-based scholarship in exchange for Artist Membership, please contact the Membership Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.