The Art League welcomes artists of all backgrounds and experiences and encourages individuals working within a variety of traditional and contemporary practices to join. Artist Members move forward a nearly 100-year tradition and share history with Founding Members and other notable artists who value(d) the Art League as a place for community and artist collaboration.
BENEFITS OF ARTIST MEMBERSHIP
- Eligible to submit works in OPAL’s Juried Artist Member Exhibition (Fall)
- Eligible to exhibit works in OPAL’s Non-Juried Artist Member Exhibition (Spring)
- Eligible to be included in OPAL's Annual Catalog that is included in our Smithsonian Archive
- Eligible to have artwork selected for solo and group exhibitions at OPAL partner venues
- Elevated presence through the Artist Members page on OPAL’s website
- Invitation to submit information and images to OPAL’s bi-monthly newsletter, promoting participation in shows, awards, and special projects
- Monthly free member-only events
- Opportunity to be selected as a featured artist on OPAL’s website, including online portfolio gallery
- Discounts for OPAL art classes, workshops, and entry fees for monthly exhibitions
- Waived transaction fees for art classes and summer camp registrations
- Discounts on Drop-in Figure Drawing and Figure Sculpting Sessions
- Monthly newsletter with information on upcoming events and exhibitions, as well as member accomplishments
- Additionally, all OPAL Members are invited to engage in special events, which include guest lectures on art-related topics, professional development workshops, and fundraisers to benefit building maintenance, educational programming, and student scholarships
ARTIST MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
- Artist Members are expected to be actively engaged in the process of making art.
- New Artist Members are required to fill out all questions in the application regarding their approach to their craft and to sharing their vision.
- Payment of annual membership Dues – $100 (not tax-deductible) or $60 with yearly responsibility of a minimum 6 hours of volunteering with OPAL in house or outreach (Artist member is responsible to contact the gallery to arrange their hours)
- New Artist Members must pay a one-time $15 processing fee + Artist Membership dues
- Artist Membership is valid for one year and can be renewed.
- In situations of financial need, membership dues may be waved in exchange for volunteer hours. This is done on a case by case basis and negotiated by the Executive Director.
Business Membership Levels:
Business Ad - $100
Business card size ad in the Spring Artist Member Catalog (printed annually in April & added to the official OPAL archive with the Smithsonian Museum)
Invitation for 2 people to the Summer Garden Party
To Purchase a business membership or ad please contact our office at (708)386-9853 or email@example.com