The Art League welcomes artists of all backgrounds and experiences and encourages individuals working within a variety of traditional and contemporary practices to join. Artist Members move forward a nearly 100-year tradition and share history with Founding Members and other notable artists who value(d) the Art League as a place for community and artist collaboration.
BENEFITS OF ARTIST MEMBERSHIP
- Eligible to submit works in OPAL’s Juried Artist Member Exhibition (Fall)
- Eligible to exhibit works in OPAL’s Non-Juried Artist Member Exhibition (Spring)
- Eligible to have artwork selected for solo and group exhibitions at OPAL partner venues
- Elevated presence through the Artist Members page on OPAL’s website
- Invitation to submit information and images to OPAL’s bi-monthly newsletter, promoting participation in shows, awards, and special projects
- Opportunity to be selected as a featured artist on OPAL’s website, including online portfolio gallery
- Discounts for OPAL art classes, workshops, and entry fees for monthly exhibitions
- Waived transaction fees for art classes and summer camp registrations
- Discounts on Drop-in Figure Drawing and Figure Sculpting Sessions
- Monthly newsletter with information on upcoming events and exhibitions, as well as member accomplishments
- Additionally, all OPAL Members are invited to engage in special events, which include guest lectures on art-related topics, professional development workshops, and fundraisers to benefit building maintenance, educational programming, and student scholarships
ARTIST MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
- Artist Members are expected to be actively engaged in the process of making art.
- New Artist Members are required to fill out all questions in the application regarding their approach to their craft and to sharing their vision.
- Payment of annual membership Dues – $100 (not tax-deductible) or $60 with 6 hours of volunteering with the league (contact the gallery to arrange the hours)
- New Artist Members must pay a one-time $15 processing fee + Artist Membership dues
- Artist Membership is valid for one year and can be renewed.
Business Membership Levels:
Sponsor of the Art League ( $1000/ year) - Sponsors of the Art League enjoy the following benefits and will be known as a supporter of the arts in Oak Park.
- Full page color ad in the annual Spring Artist Member Catalog
- Logo on all promotional material for OPAL's 3 Summer exhibitions
- Engraved brick in OPAL's Century Club courtyard
- Invitation to the Summer Garden Party
Standard Business Membership ($500/year) - Standard Business Memberships receive a full page color ad in the Spring Artist Member Catalog and an invitation to the Summer Garden Party.
Business Ad ($100/year) - Business Ad includes a business card sized ad in the Spring Artist Member Catalog.
To Purchase a business membership or ad please contact our office at (708)386-9853 or email@example.com